ADSM-L

WinNT 4.0 install

2015-10-04 18:08:07
Subject: WinNT 4.0 install
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 5/29/97 11:06AM
I run NT 4.0 (Workstation) and don't have any problems here.  I assume since
you are running Quincy rather than Dr. Watson, you must have Lotus Notes
installed....

Did you actually back any files up before you installed the Scheduler
service?  There was a problem thread here a while back about this causing
some problems - I always install ADSM, then do a test backup of a couple of
files, then install the service.  If you haven't done a good backup of
anything, then remove the scheduler service (with the DMSCSVCI tool), do a
backup of something, and then reinstall the service.

There is also the famous NT only bug of having a music CD ROM in the drive,
and that causing an error, but if I remember, that was a divide by 0 error.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    5/29/97 11:06 AM

We just installed ADSTAR 2.1.0.6 on 3 NT machines. Two of them
are 3.51 and although we had a slight problem with the schedule
service, they appear to be working properly at this time. The
problem we're currently having is with the WinNT 4.0 workstation.
When the software is installed  it initially states a problem with the
sa_dsm.opt and ba_dsm.opt files. After the install the opt files are
copied from another NT, and after changing the nodename to the machine
names we start up the scheduler. A window pops up stating "Quincy for
Win32" stating an application error has occured in dsmcsvci.exe. Then it
says something about an abnormal termination report being written to
*.rip file. Yesterday it mentioned a problem with a desktop themes
software. Admin removed and the scheduler started up and even completed
the backup. Today it bombed again with the same message about the .rip
file. At this point the Admin is removing all the service packs to see
if this helps and will add them back one
at a time till it bombs again. Does anyone have anyother suggestions?

Has anyone else had problems installing a 4.0 NT?

Thank you for listening I feel a calmer already.

/*   Debbie Cline-Miller    */
/*  BHNSM - C148  473-1809  */
/* dec12 AT health.state.ny DOT us */