ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Client for VM

1997-05-29 12:19:19
Subject: Re: ADSM Client for VM
From: "David G. Kalenderian" <DAVEK AT MITVMA.MIT DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 12:19:19 EDT
On Thu, 29 May 1997 09:44:43 +0000 you said:
>I was reading that ADSM server for VM was available, but I could not find any
>information on a VM client. Is there such an animal. If not is there a third
>party vendor that works with ADSM and VM. I read in one of the readme files
>about a product called WDSF/VM that would work with ADSM, but could not find
>any more information about this product.
>
>Any help appriciated.

Hi Jeff,

Over 3 months ago I asked IBM about availability of an ADSM CMS client to allow
us to backup user minidisks, etc. There currently is no such client (only a CMS
Admin client). I submitted a 'design request' to IBM, REQ00062828, and just
this morning asked them for status on this request. I would be interested in
alternatives as well if ADSM does not provide one.

Dave Kalenderian
Systems programmer - MIT

P.S. WDSF was the predecessor to ADSM.