ADSM-L

Re: Automating DB2/2 backups

1997-05-29 11:56:23
Subject: Re: Automating DB2/2 backups
From: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 17:56:23 +0200
Hi Damon,
I have thought about this, but there are three problems:
1) You can't stop the databases if users are connected to them.
2) I cannot backup to a different drive (which is mandatory when using the
DB2/2 backup command) because there is only one drive in the machine.
3) The database will be unavailable during the whole backup cycle. This will
not be a problem for this particular machine, but it will be for large
production environments. And I want to create one scenario which can be used
for all DB2/2 environments.
Thanks!
Eric van Loon