ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-L Digest - 22 May 1997 to 23 May 1997

1997-05-27 18:26:53
Subject: Re: ADSM-L Digest - 22 May 1997 to 23 May 1997
From: Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 <chuckt AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 17:26:53 -0500
Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  writes:
>Date:    Fri, 23 May 1997 16:51:29 +0200
>From:    FITZSIMONS WILLIAM MSM PH US <william.fitzsimons AT USSU.MHS.CIBA DOT
>COM>
>Subject: Migrating ADSM to another Server
>
>I currently have an AIX V2R1.5 Server with 4 SCSI Attached 3590's in a 3494
>ATL and am in the process of planning a migration to another AIX Server.  Are
>there any White Papers,  Red Books,  Tips & Techniques, etc. that would be
>helpfull in the planning process.
>
>Thanks,
>
>William Fitzsimons

I have not seen anything written on this, but having upgrade about 15 of our
servers this I have a list of a few steps to do to accomplish this.  I guess
my question to you is are you looking to keep the data on the old server or
are you looking to move all the data to the new server?  There are some things
that can be done in the way a system is configured at the start to make this
process easier... such as having your ADSM data (databases, logs, and storage
pools) in a seperate Volume Group from rootvg.  Or having the ADSM DASD in
a disk tower that could be moved to the new server.  Are you going to move the
tape library to the new server ?

With the answer to a few of these questions a plan for the migration could be
easily be written.

Chuck T.