ADSM-L

Re: symbolic link bug

1997-05-27 18:00:56
Subject: Re: symbolic link bug
From: Peter Thomas <Peter_Thomas AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 18:00:56 -0400
From: Peter Thomas on 05/27/97 06:00 PM
Back in March, tehre was discussion on the Symbolic Link isssue on AIX with
2.1.0.6G client.

Has any progress been made yet towards resolving this?

Peter Thomas
Manulife Financial
Phone: (416)963-7371
Fax: (416)926-5454

From: mambrose @ VNET.IBM.COM on 11/03/97 04:25 PM PST

To:   ADSM-L @ VM.MARIST.EDU
cc:    (bcc: ADSM)
Subject:  symbolic link bug

Symbolic links are NOT being recovered under AIX clients (4.1 and 4.2)
level 2.1.0.6.

Michael is correct.  I was not at the most current level on yhe AIX ADSM
client as I had thought.  I recreated the problem with the 2.1.0.6G
client (2/97).  Aix is not restoring the link properly.  This bug must have
been introduced in the latest client.  I did test at 2.1.0.4 and do not see
the problem.  I suspect that it is also not in 2.1.0.5.  I will look into
it and see that an apar is created if one has not already been created.
I will post the apar number to the list.

Monte   (ADSM Client Development)