ADSM-L

Space Reclamation of Copy Storage Pools

1997-05-27 15:48:12
Subject: Space Reclamation of Copy Storage Pools
From: Sherry L Jackson <Sherry_L_Jackson AT EMAIL.WHIRLPOOL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 15:48:12 -0400
     When we started using copy storage pools, ADSM would daily do space
     reclamation on the copy storage pools on the tapes that are marked
     offsite.

     We would find a process hanging onto a tape drive for a tape that both
     ADSM and TMS knows are offsite.  ADSM would hang onto that tape drive
     until we cancel the job and mark the tape as unavailable and then
     shutdown ADSM.

     We found a way around this my changing the reclaim to 100% and the
     reuse delay to 2 days.

     Should ADSM be calling tapes that are marked offsite for tape
     reclamation?  If not, do we have a parameter marked telling ADSM to do
     so?

     ADSM 2.1 MVS

     Sherry Jackson
     Whirlpool Corporation