ADSM-L

Re: Using ADSM to restore Win/NT 4.0 operating system

1997-05-23 22:57:23
Subject: Re: Using ADSM to restore Win/NT 4.0 operating system
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 22:57:23 -0400
At 09:48 AM 5/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
>It's an interesting idea.  But if you boot NT 4.0 from a diskette, will
>you have enough of the NT guts available to have NTFS and TCP/IP
>support?  You have to have TCP/IP configured before you can talk to the
>ADSM server, no?

Well, I haven't actually tried this, but I am told that this should work.  You
are correct that TCP/IP must be configured to talk to the ADSM server.  ADSM
must also be configured, of course.  I have a vendor interested in trying this
out with us, so I think I will pursue this a bit more.  I'll let the list know
what I find out.

..Paul