ADSM-L

Re: ADSM & AutoSys / Maestro

1997-05-24 11:52:26
Subject: Re: ADSM & AutoSys / Maestro
From: dan thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 10:52:26 -0500
Keenan,

 We at USAA have decided to move our scheduling to a centralized scheduler
made by NewD.  Specifically, a rs-6000 is used as a scheduling host and
agents are distributed to the client servers to allow scheduling.  This
scheduling host as well as the hosts on MVS, other RS-6000's and a wide
variety of other host operating systems are all connected to a centralized
rs-6000 that displays all of this information.

The main advantage that our storage management unit is looking for is
real-time operational support of the backups.  We would much rather have
backup or server problems resolved in time to allow the backup to complete
before the morning rather than wait to check the backups in the AM and then
start working the problems.

Of course, other advantages will also be utilized.  These include allowing
our backup process and other processes (application shutdown etc) to
inter-depend on one another.

I hope this helps,

Dan T.
----------
> From: Keenan D. Stratton <stratkee AT GTI DOT NET>
> From: Keenan D. Stratton <stratkee AT GTI DOT NET>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: ADSM & AutoSys / Maestro
> Date: Friday, May 23, 1997 9:28 AM
>
> ADSM'ers,
>
> In implementing an enterprise wide job management/job processing
solution, does it make sense to have a scheduling package kick off ADSM
client services or use the ADSM server/client to manage that piece of it?

> We are evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of schedulers and trying
to determine if it makes sense.  Any experiences?