ADSM-L

Re: Client drv util numbers

1997-05-24 13:52:37
Subject: Re: Client drv util numbers
From: dan thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 12:52:37 -0500
Julie,

  I just thought that I would mention something I ran across.  I considered
using ADSM just like you are, but when I offered this report to our LAN
planning/upkeep team they said that they had this data from another source.
 However, when I was thinking about doing this I had noted in a ADSM API
manual that there are calls to update the data on filespace information.
Depending on how much you want to keep using ADSM for this information, you
might consider coding a little utility that will query hard drive
information and then send ADSM the correct values.  You could run this as a
post processing command.  The manual I refer to is sh26-4002-00.

Keep us informed if you attempt this solution, I would be interested in
getting a copy of the utility for myself.

Good luck,
  Dan T.