ADSM-L

Re: Netware Client - ANS0433E

1997-05-23 16:34:49
Subject: Re: Netware Client - ANS0433E
From: "Booher, Joelle M" <jmbooher AT AMP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 16:34:49 -0400
Yes, this is a 3.12 NetWare server - sorry, I should have included that
info.  I have also found out that this server has only 48Mb of memory.
All of the patches and latest NLMs have been applied (most were already
up-to-date before I got involved).  The latest version of the NetWare
client is installed, SLOWINCREMENTAL is ON, and COMPRESSION is OFF.  I
have not yet gotten a good backup of the APPS: volume.  In fact, I
haven't gotten even a bad backup of this volume!  Backups of SYS: and
DATA: are clean and complete.

Is there a minimum memory requirement for ADSM Client on NetWare?  I
know enough about NetWare to be dangerous, but I don't know how to
interpret it's resource stats.  If someone would be so kind as to look
at these, maybe it will make some sense.

--MAIN MONITOR SCREEN--
File Server Up Time:    5 Days 22 Hours 52 Minutes 38 Seconds
File Server Up Time:    5 Days 22 Hours 52 Minutes 38 Seconds
Utilization:                  2    ¦    Packet Receive Buffers:    100
Original Cache Buffers:  11,606    ¦    Directory Cache Buffers:    85
Total Cache Buffers:      7,881    ¦    Service Processes:           9
Dirty Cache Buffers:          0    ¦    Connections In Use:         33
Current Disk Requests:        0    ¦    Open Files:                 53

--RESOURCE UTILIZATION SCREEN--
Permanent Memory Pool:        1,775,616 Bytes   4%    1,744,612 In Use
Permanent Memory Pool:        1,775,616 Bytes   4%    1,744,612 In Use
Alloc Memory Pool:            1,401,048 Bytes   3%    1,124,348 In Use
Cache Buffers:               33,289,344 Bytes  68%
Cache Movable Memory:         9,073,152 Bytes  18%
Cache Non-Movable Memory:     3,598,848 Bytes   7%
Total Server Work Memory:    49,138,008 Bytes

--AUTOEXEC.NCF SETTINGS (that may apply)--
SET MAXIMUM PACKET RECEIVE BUFFERS=500
SET MAXIMUM PACKET RECEIVE BUFFERS=500
SET MAXIMUM RECORD LOCKS PER CONNECTION=10000
SET MAXIMUM FILE LOCKS PER CONNECTION=1000
SET MAXIMUM RECORD LOCKS=100000
SET MAXIMUM FILE LOCKS=100000
SET MINIMUM FILE CACHE BUFFERS=100

--STARTUP.NCF SETTINGS (that may apply)--
set Maximum Physical Receive Packet Size = 1514
set Maximum Physical Receive Packet Size = 1514
set Minimum Packet Receive Buffers = 100

Thanks again for all the input,

Joelle Booher
AMP Incorporated
Harrisburg, PA