ADSM-L

dsmc selective delay

1997-05-23 04:43:03
Subject: dsmc selective delay
From: John O'Neall <jon AT IN2P3 DOT FR>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 10:43:03 +0200
As an ordinary user, I just backed up one 9K file.  The only ADSM sessions
open were my backup, my own admin session and the session we use to
collect messages and write them to a log.  No other processes
(reclamation, etc.) were running.  I observed both the client and server
with monitors (xmperf and smon).  The server labored away for 13 minutes
(about 60% waiting) before shutting up and allowing the client to send
across his one measly file.

Can anyone explain what the ... is going on here?  I really don't understand.

Thanks in advance for any help.  John

John O'Neall                     e-mail:  jon AT in2p3 DOT fr
John O'Neall                     e-mail:  jon AT in2p3 DOT fr
Centre de Calcul de l'IN2P3      phone:   +33 (0)4 78 93 08 80
Villeurbanne, France             fax:     +33 (0)4 78 94 30 54