ADSM-L

Incremental Backup Questions

1997-05-22 19:00:23
Subject: Incremental Backup Questions
From: Debbie Spencer <DEBSPENCER AT AOL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 19:00:23 -0400
I have two questions re. the incremental backup process:

1.  Does the  "....file sent " message written to the dsmsched.log file
during an incremental backup get generated when the file transfer starts or
when it completes?  I believe it is written when the file backup starts, but
would like confirmation.
2.  What determines whether or not a file has been "modified" and should
therefor be backed up during an incremental backup?

TIA!!
-Debbie