ADSM-L

Little Bitty Files in My 3 Gig Pool

1997-05-22 15:49:21
Subject: Little Bitty Files in My 3 Gig Pool
From: Tony Pietrusiewicz <PIETRUSIEWICZT AT BCBSIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 13:49:21 -0600
Hi All,
    Here's the situation.
I have a DASD primary Backuppool with a maximum file size of 3 Gigs.
My nextpool isTapepool. Also with a maximum file size of 3 gigs. My
nextpool for Tapepool is Tapelarge2. Tapelarge2 has an unlimited file
size.
I expected Tapelarge2 to only contain files 3 gigs or larger. However I
noticed several little bitty files when I did a 'query occupancy'. See
Below.

q occ stg=tapelarge2

 Node Name                Type Filespace   Storage     Number of      Space
                               Name        Pool Name       Files   Occupied
                                                                       (MB)
 FDL1                     Bkup FDL1\SYS:   TAPELARGE2          1       0.05M
 MKTG_SALES1    Bkup MKTG_SALES- TAPELARGE2      1       0.00M

 NTARMS1                  Bkup DATA        TAPELARGE2         10  22,710.03
 NTARMS2                  Bkup DATA        TAPELARGE2          1   1,687.64

Has anyone else experienced this or know why it happened. I will
appreciate any remarks.