ADSM-L

Re: NT Client Include/Exclude list

2015-10-04 18:08:07
Subject: Re: NT Client Include/Exclude list
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 5/22/97 9:31AM
I have not had occasion to use the preschedule command option, but a quick
look at the manual makes it sound like a good thing to do - it would insure
that the regedit backup is in synch with the backup, or at least as close as
you can reasonably expect to get.

The concern for this is most evident on NT Workstation - in that environment,
I would expect someone to be logged on - at least during the day (I run NT,
on a laptop, and of course am always logged in.  This would drop in
probability for a "regular" PC, where someone would log out when they went
home, and left the machine all night, as that is when the backup is run.
Additionally, NT Server machines would most likely NOT have a current user,
although there are always exceptions.  What I can't tell you is what the
effect of the REGBACK command I gave you would be if there was no current
user - as might be a  possibility if you used the pre or post sched command
option.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com