ADSM-L

Re: Diskpool configurations on MVS.

1997-05-21 12:27:47
Subject: Re: Diskpool configurations on MVS.
From: dan thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 11:27:47 -0500
Damon,

 I hope you get some responses on your question.  Currently our bottleneck
is our network, but we are attempting to implement our MVS server in as
efficient a manner as possible to prevent other bottlenecks when our
network is upgraded.

My main question is whether it is better to have a dasd pool comprised of
many small chunks.  This seems the logical conclusion, but I would
appreciate some confirmation.

Good luck,
  Dan T.