ADSM-L

Mess: Respawning too quickly

1997-05-21 12:13:36
Subject: Mess: Respawning too quickly
From: Jane Dagostino-Snyder <j-dago AT CAFE.TC.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 10:13:36 -0600
Yesturday we tried to do a recovery on a Sun Solaris.  While I was able
to restore the subdirectory of /, when I went to /usr subdirectory, it
started to process and the recieved a message that went something like
this ' respawning too quickly, check for errors'.
The server then kept on rebooting itself over and over again.   Our
thoughts on this was that maybe we we trying to load something we
should not have backed up, start of the Operating System?   Any
thoughts on this would be helpful.     Thanks, Jane

To post directly :  j-dago AT cafe.tc.umn DOT edu