ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and NT

1997-05-20 21:06:57
Subject: Re: ADSM and NT
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 21:06:57 -0400
At 11:55 AM 5/16/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Basically, the procedure involved booting to a maintenance partition,
>recovering all the files on the original partition and then executing a
>couple of commands to restore registry files by hand.  However, after
>doing this, the darn thing refuses to boot....seems like the hardware
>config/last know good config is all screwy.

Chris;  I don't have any experience restoring WinNT yet, but I did just attend
a WinNT class last week.  I am thinking that perhaps you do not have a valid
MBR (master boot record) on the restored partition.  This is created when
WinNT is installed - or you can restore it using an emegency repair diskette
(which is not bootable itself, but can be used from System Repair Diskettes).
I hope I got the terminology correct - this stuff is still fairly new to me.

..Paul