ADSM-L

Move Data Command

1997-05-19 11:30:44
Subject: Move Data Command
From: "James C. Harrer, SE/CRM, /Long Grove, G-5 JHARRER - CPOLNM01" <us2b7kdb AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 11:30:44 EDT

RE:  Move Data Command

I want to reorganize existing backup/archive data by management class across
multiple storage pools.  It looks like the only way I can do that is by
defining management class copy groups to use the storage pool I want (no
problem there) and forcing new full backups (not too cool and it does not help
me on archived files that have been deleted from the client).

I would really like a move data command that worked on a where clause so I can
say only move files using a particular management class.  Is there such a
thing or am I out of luck.