ADSM-L

Re: Is ADSM thread safe?

1997-05-10 22:58:38
Subject: Re: Is ADSM thread safe?
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 22:58:38 -0400
At 03:27 AM 5/6/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Howdy all
>I would like to know if ADSM is thread safe, i.e. I want to run it across
>multiplte CPUs? I wish to install it on a SMP node (604, high node) in an
SP2 &
>was wondering how ADSM would perform? Could there be any problems? Is
there any
>thing I should be aware of?

Wayne,
We run ADSM v2.1.5.12 on an SMP high node.  It works just great, and
performs very
well.  The main thing to be aware of is that the 2._.5._ code uses threads,
whereas
the 2._.0._ code does not, so make sure you have the 2.1.5.x code.  To use
this,
you must first install a base level of 2.1.5.x (.6, I think?), and then
apply the
latest PTF (2.1.5.12) on top of it.
..Paul