ADSM-L

OS/2 DLT2000 - ANR8420E

1997-05-16 12:36:11
Subject: OS/2 DLT2000 - ANR8420E
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 18:36:11 +0200
Hi,

I've got the following environment: ADSM server on OS/2 ver1.2.10 with fixpak26

on OS/2. I posted last week about not being able to define a DLT4700 to ADSM.
After advice from Barry Fruchtman from ADSM Development I installed the
fixpak26
and it sorted out the problem of defining the library to ADSM. At that stage I
had
hardware problems with the DLT4000 drive and it was sent back to the supplier.
They supplied me with a stand-alone DLT2000 drive to test for the time being.

Now I get the following problem when trying to define the drive to ADSM:
ANR8420E - indicating that the drive is not ready. Well, I tried doing a backup
to this drive using PSNS on OS/2 and it worked fine.

Is the DLT2000 supported on Version 1 of ADSM?
If not, where can I get the ADSM ver2. code "ASAP"?
I contacted IBM locally, and they said that they did not have the code and I
should download from the FTP site. They also said that I could upgrade my Ver1
server to version 2 using this code.

Now, 19:00 at night I tried doing this after spending the whole afternoon
downloading the code and it does not work. It reports that version 2 is not
installed.
I have to do the testing this week-end, and I'm looking for any advice
please...

Thanks
Regards
Christo Heuer