ADSM-L

Re: Disaster recovery procedures for NT

1997-05-15 17:05:07
Subject: Re: Disaster recovery procedures for NT
From: "Sue Tull (email: suetull AT smed DOT com)" <Sue.Tull AT SMED DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 17:05:07 -0400
Look at the Redbook for ADSM Client Disaster Recovery: Bare Metal Restore on
www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG244880/homepage.htm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
owner-adsm-l @ VM.MARIST.EDU on 05/15/97 03:52:03 PM
owner-adsm-l @ VM.MARIST.EDU on 05/15/97 03:52:03 PM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ Internet
To: ADSM-L @ VM.MARIST.EDU @ Internet
cc:
Subject: Disaster recovery procedures for NT

We're planning to productionalize very soon on the ADSM NT Server
platform (currently our ADSM servers are running on MVS and VM).  In the
course of getting everything setup, I have scheduled a disaster recovery
of our NT ADSM Server for next weekend.  However, I haven't been able to
find any specific information about the procedure for doing this
restore.  Since I didn't participate in the MVS and VM ADSM installs,
and the person who set them up has left the company, I have no idea how
a disaster recovery should be done.  I believe I have all of the pieces
(i.e. devconfig, volhist, db backups, etc...), but I don't know in what
order to restore this information.   Is there a redbook available?  Is
it on the web?  Does anyone have any words of wisdom or pitfalls to
share?

Thanks,

Joelle Booher
AMP Incorporated