ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/Backint - compression

1997-05-15 12:54:13
Subject: Re: ADSM/Backint - compression
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 11:54:13 -0500
Rene, I've seen much the same on our environment (RS-6000/AIX). It looks
like the ADSM compression is *very* processor-intensive. If you have the
network bandwidth available AND your tape unit has hardware compression
you'll be better off not using the ADSM compression.

Tom Kauffman
Sr. Technical Advisor
NIBCO, Inc