ADSM-L

Re: VOLH Question

1997-05-14 12:21:19
Subject: Re: VOLH Question
From: Jim Kleberg <jrkleberg AT STATESTREET DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 12:21:19 -0400
Item Subject: VOLH Question
        We do back-to-back full backups every day (the first being the
     offsite copy).  We then do incrementals every 1-2 hours depending on
     time of day.
        We define all tapes as non-expiring to TLMS and do a DEL VOLH
     TOD=TODAY-3 TYPE=DBB every day.  The reuse parameter is also 3 days.
     Due to the sheer volume of tapes, we didn't see any reason to keep any
     more than 3 days worth of tapes in "limbo".  I'm not sure what you are
     getting at with the suggestion of 6 days.  Could you elaborate?
        It seems, after looking at this, that the STGD and STGN records are
     pretty useless if you are using an external tape library manager under
     MVS.  Is that a fair statement?
        Thanks for your response.