ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-L Digest - 12 May 1997 to 13 May 1997

1997-05-14 11:28:34
Subject: Re: ADSM-L Digest - 12 May 1997 to 13 May 1997
From: Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 <chuckt AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 10:28:34 -0500
Thanks for the reply.  I have tried this with the -subdir=yes flag and this
does give me the subdirectories.  But only the subdirectories the "root" (/)
filesystem (or file space as ADSM calls it).  The only way I have found to
get it to work is to write a little script to run the following command

dsmc se -subdir=yes `dsmc q file |grep JFS|awk '{print $5}'`

This will build the list of all the "file spaces" for a node in ADSM.  The
problem now is doing this from a schedule.  I really don't want to have to
schedule the execution of a script because then I don't have any command
retries.  I was hoping that ADSM has a way to schedule a selective backup and
be able to say 'backup all filespace'.  If anyone else has any ideas let me
know.

Thanks;
Chuck T.