ADSM-L

ADSM Netware Errors

1997-05-12 16:00:00
Subject: ADSM Netware Errors
From: J Holdren <JFH5 AT PSUVM.PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 16:00:00 EDT
 Hi ADSM'ers,

A netware client has the following situation since upgrading his
server over ther weekend.  Does anyone have any knowledge of these
things?

Thanks,

J Holdren                   (~              Center for Academic Computing
jfh5 AT psu DOT edu            PENN_)TATE          224A Computer Bldg
1 (814) 865-2964                            University Park, PA  16802

BTW, we are running an AIX ADSM server at 2.1.8

  -*-*-*- Included file follows:  -*-*-*-

>I applied several patches to our Netware 4.1 server over the weekend
>and it appears that ADSM has quit working.  This is what I get:

>ANS4847E Scheduled event "OSA1" failed.  Return code = 4

>(SMDR-1.0-24) An internal error has occurred.  Either the list has no
>more entries or the specified name space type does not exist.

>ANS4031S Internal program error.  Please see your service
>representative.

>I am running the following:

>DSMC.NLM ver 2.01c  Feb 29, 1996

>I have applied the following patches:
>410PT7.EXE, DS410A.EXE, SMSUP6.EXE, LIBUPB.EXE, NAM41B.EXE

>The NAM41B.EXE has to do with mac and os2 name space, but I haven't
>added any of those name spaces to the server.

--- Could this be causing the problem because these name spaces are not
--- on the netware server yet.  I wouldn't expect it to, but you never
--- on the netware server yet.  I wouldn't expect it to, but you never
--- know...
--- know...