ADSM-L

Re: Is there any way.....

1997-05-12 11:48:27
Subject: Re: Is there any way.....
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 11:48:27 EDT
On Mon, 12 May 1997 08:43:33 -0600 Larimer, Dave said: To all ADSMer's,

>        I was wondering  if there is any way to  have expiration performed by
>node? We have a couple of clients that  wish to not have their backed up data
>expire  until  they fix  a  problem.  The problem  is  since  I have  stopped
>expiration on the server, the data from  all my other nodes is now piling up.
>Are there any suggestions on how I might get around this problem?
>
>Dave Larimer ADSM administrator KNEnergy Inc. Dave_Larimer AT kne DOT com

If it is going to be a while  before you have the other problems fixed you can
try the following.

You  could define  a  new management  class with  longer  retention times  and
increased version  counts. Then  if the  machine is backed  up using  this new
management class the files will be  rebound to this new management class. Then
when you run the expire inventory command they should not be purged.

If there are large number of files, this  could cause a great deal of work for
the server.

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513