ADSM-L

OS/2 adsm server + DLT4700

1997-05-10 07:15:21
Subject: OS/2 adsm server + DLT4700
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 13:15:21 +0200
>  Christo,
>    The device name for the library is AUTOxy$;  The device
> name for tape drives is TAPExw$.
> In the above x is for the SCSI adapter number starting at 0.
> y is the SCSI id of the autochanger.
> w is the SCSI id of the tape drive.
> You can run the ADSMSDI command to find these values.
>
> Barry Fruchtman
> ADSM Development

I'm sending this to the list in case somebody else knows if this is correct. I
did as
Barry suggested but the output from the ADSMSDI command does not look right.

The output says that the device name for the tape should be tape24$ and the
auto
changer auto24$. Has anyone got a DLT4700 - where would you set the scsi I.D.'s

to be different for the tape and the autoloader?

TIA

Christo Heuer
Johannesburg
South Africa