ADSM-L

Re: System crashes with HSM

1997-05-08 13:03:19
Subject: Re: System crashes with HSM
From: "Eliza.Lau AT vt DOT edu" <LAU AT VTCC1.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 13:03:19 -0400
> We've recently installed HSM V2R1 Level 0.6 client on one of our Solaris 2.5
> servers. It worked fine during cursory testing on one of our test nodes
> but after installing it on a production system it has crashed 3 times.
> An analysis of the kernel dump seems to indicate a locking problem between
> dsmmonitord and the automounter. Has anyone seen this problem before?
> Is there a problem with the automounter and HSM? Between NFS and HSM?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> -- Rick Hanebury
>    eacgrh AT expec DOT com

I just sent my war story to the list.  The HSM utility dsmreconcile crashes
AIX.  ADSM cannot handle files with special characters in the filenames and
it locks the kernel.  Your problem could be related to mine.  There is a fix
for it.  The PMR is 47683.487.

Server: AIX 4.1.4, adsmserv.base.obj 2.1.0.12
Client: AIX 4.1.4, adsm.client.hsm 2.1.0.6

 Eliza Lau
 Eliza Lau
 Virginia Tech Computing Center                Internet : eliza.lau AT vt DOT
edu
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
 1700 Pratt Drive
 Blacksburg VA 24060                            Voice   : (540) 231-9399