ADSM-L

Re: Colocating in a limited library

1997-05-07 13:29:00
Subject: Re: Colocating in a limited library
From: Sal Salak Juraj <IMCEAMS-KEBALINZ_CENTRAL_sal AT MSMAIL.KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 19:29:00 +0200
Wanda,

I handle similar problem exactly how you want to handle it, and it works
pretty fine.
In the initial state I was even able to control a bit which client wil
go to which tape.

First I defined STG with one tape only (no scratch) and backed up three
very small nodes - all of them went to this tape.
Then I added second tape volume to this pool, and backed up fourth,
large node, It went to the second tape.
The I added another tape volume, etc. etc.

It works fine till now, and ADSM keeps this initial node/tape
connection..
Yes, this is of limited usability only , because at least then when one
client (or client group)
will overrun its/their tape, the association wil change. But with tapes
large enough
the initial order can last long enough untill larger tapes come on the
market.

bye, Juraj Salak, Austria