ADSM-L

Re: anr8214w how to limit the nbr of tries

1997-05-07 08:25:53
Subject: Re: anr8214w how to limit the nbr of tries
From: Patrick Gilman <gilmanpa AT HLTHSRC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 08:25:53 -0400
Tom,

I don't have the timeout parameter your looking for but I would think you would
be more concerned that a client is not being backed up.  On NetWare servers
NLMs don't just unload themselves.  It is more likely the server(s) got
rebooted and that TCP/IP is not configured properly in the boot files, a common
error.

Patrick Gilman (Vanstar Corporation)
Healthsource, Inc.
Hooksett, NH

>>> Tom Geniusz <andaz AT EN DOT COM> 05/06/97 04:27PM >>>
We are running ADSM version 2.1.0.1 on aix 3.2.5. We use schedule mode prompted.
While looking through the activity log I discovered  message number anr8214w
occuring
many!!!! times. This message indicates that a session could not be opened
due to a connection refusal and specifies the ip address of the client.
Looking at the novell client we find that indeed tcp/ip is not loaded.
However when the scheduler was loaded on the client tcp/ip was functional
and must have failed prior to the backup schedule time. Is there a option or
parameter on the server that I could set to limit the number of times a
connection is attempted for a client? It seems like I am wasting resources
in a futile attempt, in this case, to begin a client backup.

        any suggestions would be appreciated,
                thanks, Tom Geniusz GE Capital