ADSM-L

Re/Que: DR Question for Copy Pools

1997-05-07 04:30:21
Subject: Re/Que: DR Question for Copy Pools
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 10:30:21 +0200
Hi Ron,

I have a question for you or anybody that can shed some light on this subject.

Seems like you've got some experience on the off-site issues of ADSM.
What I'm wondering about is the following:
Is there a one to one relationship between volumes in your primary tape pool
and the copy tape pool, or is it a pool to pool relationship?

The reason I'm asking this is the issue of the copypool tapes having to go
off-site.
Say for instance if we use Fred's example - You do your first copy of the 300GB
to your copypool, once completed these tapes have to go off-site. The next
night
you do another copy to the copypool(which in effect will be incr. in nature),
to what
will the copy process copy? To the remaining tapes in the copypool?

We will have to implement this in the near future so I was just wondering if
there are any GOTCHA's that I must make provision for...

TIA

Christo Heuer
Johannesburg
South Africa