ADSM-L

Re: NetWare 4.11

1997-05-06 09:46:03
Subject: Re: NetWare 4.11
From: Patrick Gilman <gilmanpa AT HLTHSRC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 09:46:03 -0400
Ron,
I have found that Netware does a better job at compressing most files and ADSM
will come up with lots of "Compressed File Grew" errors during a backup.  This
means ADSM's compression actually caused the file to be larger than what
NetWare was able to accomplish.  This can also be seen with non-compressed
volumes that have zipped files on them.  I will cause the backups to take (just
estimating here) about twice as long to complete a backup if there are lots of
"Compressed File Grew" errors.

Patrick Gilman (Vanstar Corporation)
Healthsource, Inc.
Hooksett, NH

>>> "Clendenny, Ronald D." <rdclendenny AT CAL.UE DOT COM> 05/06/97 08:39AM >>>
Patrick,
Why should ADSM compression be disabled if volume compression is?

Ron Clendenny  <rdclendenny AT cal.ue DOT com>
Callaway Nuclear Power Plant
Fulton, Missouri