ADSM-L

ADSM software updates

2015-10-04 18:08:48
Subject: ADSM software updates
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 4/30/97 10:23AM
Your IBM rep is partly correct - There is an FTP server, and if you have
access to the Internet, you can download the service from there.  I also seem
to remember that the fixes are available from Compuserve, but I don't have an
account there anymore to confirm this.

You can also order client maintenance through your normal channels - I often
order fixes through IBMLink in the U.S. - you can do this also by calling the
support center.

ADSM client maintenance generally comes out once a quarter....

One word of note - it is not imperative that you apply all client maintenance
to all of your users.  In fact, if there is no major outstanding problems
with your customers, I would leave them alone - otherwise installing client
upgrades can be a never ending task.

Internally, we provide the latest client release, as well as the previous
release for each platform on a server for LAN administrators to download.  We
suggest that they always use the newest release for the new customer
installs, but unless they hear from us, don't bother to upgrade existing
clients unless they don't have anything better to do.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    4/30/97 10:23 AM

Bonjour Mmes et Mrs,

one issue we have is how to keep up with new client versions for ADSM.

Our local IBM support says we have to regularly check Internet for
updates, patches ... and to download what we need!!

I wonder if customers have to install Internet, firewalls and so on in
order to use this wonderful ADSM concept...

Please tell me how you are organized in this area: do you get newest
versions automatically, and for the patches or documentation, does it
come from IBM automatically?

Thanks a lot, rl