ADSM-L

MVS Tape Processing question

1997-04-30 17:28:30
Subject: MVS Tape Processing question
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:28:30 -0400
Date:     April 30, 1997      Time:    1:30 PM
From:     Jerry Lawson
     The Hartford Insurance Group
     (860) 547-2960           jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Hopefully, this is a simple question, but somehow I think it isn't.  Here is
the scenario...

The platform is MVS with TMS exits installed.

An ADSM process, such as a reclaim or migration, asks for a scratch mount.
MVS and TMS get control, and start to do their thing.  Before control is
returned to ADSM, a cancel request for the process that requested the mount
is made, and the process terminates.

What happens to the tape that was being mounted.  We seem to think that the
tape is assigned to ADSM by TMS, but ADSM never actually opens it, and in
fact, doesn't even know about it - the TSN doesn't show up in the DB.  Is
this in fact what happens?

                                         Jerry