ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:08:48
     I don't think copy stg is exactly what you want...
     If I understand things correct you would probably want to use the
     "move data" command.  That may be used to shift data from a volume
     (tape, disk, solid state, anything) to another storage pool no matter
     what the associated device is for that storage pool.
     This is a MOVE (my guess-duh-mation of your desired end results) so if
     you are switching devices you would probably want to do :
     A)  query vol dev=autotape
     B) for every volume listed issue:
        move data somevolser stg=StgUsingAutotape1
     C) update your copy destinations in your copy groups, validate, and
     activate...
     Then you will be using your autotape1 devices rather than your
     autotape devices...

     also remember that with the archives you can use (from the client end
     during when the cmd is issued) the -archmc to direct the archive to a
     different management class than the default... so if you have
     something like an optical disk you want to put 10 yr archives to but
     you don't want regular archives going there you define but don't set
     the optical as default then users can direct special archives there
     with the -archmc=....
     hope t his helps, later
     Dwight