ADSM-L

Re: ADSM software updates

1997-04-30 10:52:01
Subject: Re: ADSM software updates
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/NA" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:52:01 -0400
Rene,
        The anonymous FTP site (index.storsys.ibm.com or one of the mirror
sites) is the fastest and most convenient way to get the latest ADSM
client and server fixes, device drivers, etc..  I think you can still
order the fixes as PTFs thru normal channels but that takes a little
longer and the fixes aren't available as quickly.  Typically, ADSM
client and server maintenance comes out 3 or 4 times a year - I think
the next round is scheduled for sometime in May.  As far as finding out
if any new fixes are available, there are a couple of ways to accomplish
this - you can mirror an FTP site or write a script to regularly check
the site for changes and notify you if there's anything new.  If you use
IBMIN, you can track the APARs/PTFs of interest to you.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com