ADSM-L

ADSM server option USELARGebuffers

1997-04-29 21:27:01
Subject: ADSM server option USELARGebuffers
From: Hans Beierle <hbeier01 AT DE.EDS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 18:27:01 -0700
Could anybody from IBM ADSM development tell us if the new performance option
USELARGebuffers  [ Yes | No ]
will also become available for the ADSM MVS server ?
This option has been introduced at least for the AIX server with ADSM 2.1.x.12.
It's not contained in the current MVS 2.1.12 server level.
The readme says, that '...When USELARGEBUFFERS YES is specified, large files
which are stored on the server will use a larger buffer size to help reduce CPU
utilization on the server.'. I'm eagerly looking for this kind of improvements !

Hans Beierle
--