ADSM-L

Windows NT Backup Registry

1997-04-29 05:12:47
Subject: Windows NT Backup Registry
From: Gerhard Ginzler <gerhard.ginzler AT AKH-WIEN.AC DOT AT>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 10:12:47 +0100
Hi,
I am confused about the different methods to backup the NT registry:

1.      When I do an incremental backup with backupreg=yes, I cannot
        restore the registry with "Utilities->Restore Registry". The message
        is "Drive not found".

2.      When I do a backup with "Utilities->Backup Registry" I need to
        include "in *:\...Software" etc. for all registry subkeys. And then I
        can restore the registry.

Is ist necessary to add the includes for the registry subkeys?
Thanks,
Gerhard Ginzler
Gerhard Ginzler
----------------------------------------  gerhard.ginzler AT akh-wien.ac DOT at
Department of Medical Computer Sciences
Department of Medical Computer Sciences
Vienna University - Vienna General Hospital
Waehringer Guertel 18-20
A-1090 VIENNA / Austria                   (+43)(1)40400-3633, -1636(Fax)