ADSM-L

ADSM / NetView Subagent integration

1997-04-28 11:02:49
Subject: ADSM / NetView Subagent integration
From: Jeremy Worrell <jeremy_worrell AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:02:49 EDT
  I have managed to pass ADSM console messages to Netview 4.1.1.0 on AIX
  4.1.3 by piping "dsmadmc -console" into a script which generates SNMP
  traps.

  When I tried to repeat this on a second ADSM machine with only the
  NetView SubAgent on it I found there was no snmptrap binary, only
  trapgend files! How do I pick up ADSM messages on the subagent?

Jeremy Worrell, IBM UK Ltd.                            x.664884
Jeremy Worrell, IBM UK Ltd.                            x.664884
Beauchamp Sophisticate                        ext. 01926 464884