ADSM-L

Wait percentages

1997-04-25 14:35:49
Subject: Wait percentages
From: Dave Sanders <DSanders AT MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:35:49 -0400
I've been looking at the performance of our backups.  I'm getting a
60megs/hour average transfer rate on NETWARE clients to the MVS mainframe
server.  But, on my OS2 and HPUX servers, I'm getting around 240megs/hour
transfer rate.  Obviously, I'm concerned with the NETWARE thruput.

I know that there have been suggestions in a general nature here,, but
could someone respond with NETWARE specific tweeking to be done??

Also, when I look at the percentage of wait times; can I interpret the
"Idle Wait Time" as possibly being the time the session waits while the
client compression is working??

Can I interpret the "Pct. Comm Wait" time as an indicator of the how busy
the network is, and therefore need something to be beefed up??

Thanks in advance for responses,,, and (please don't do attachments so that
everyone can just read your response without having to bop over to some
other reader?????))