ADSM-L

Novell Netware 3.12 restore

1997-04-24 11:50:50
Subject: Novell Netware 3.12 restore
From: "Peter Hadikin (HDIP9235)" <HDIP9235 AT BCITVM.BCIT.BC DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 08:50:50 PDT
FROM:  Peter Hadikin (HDIP9235)
       (604) 432-8452

We are having problems with a Netware 3.12 server hanging during a full volume
restore. Here are the two scenarios that occurred yesterday:

1) We were running three restores at one time to a Netware 3.12 server. The
restores ran for at least an hour and the whole server hung. Had to reboot.

2) Running a single restore that should have restored about 4.5 GB of data.
The backup ran for several hours and restore over 2 GB. Then the server got
hung again.

We are running the lastest version of ADSM on the server (V2.1.6) and have all
the latest NLM's loaded that come with the ADSM install diskettes. Has anybody
else experienced similar problems with large ADSM restores on a Netware 3.12
server. Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Peter.

BC Institute of Technology
Computer Resources
3700 Willingdon Avenue