ADSM-L

Re: too less files restored on SunOs client

1997-04-24 05:34:13
Subject: Re: too less files restored on SunOs client
From: Ole Holm Nielsen <ohnielse AT FYSIK.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 10:34:13 MET
Pieter Groen <Pieter.Groen AT UCI.KUN DOT NL> wrote:
> One of our users is trying to restore 20 files but only gets 8.
> There is a message on the client that says:
>   Structured file data type is unknown
> While the client is connected the server says:
>    ANR9999D smstrans.c(758): Invalid header size for Object Header
> Are the two messages related? What is happening?
>
> Specifications:
> ADSM-server 2.1.0.10 on AIX 4.1
> ADSM-client 2.1.0.6 on SunOs 4.1.3_U1 (spark station 5)

The ADSM-client 2.1.0.6 on SunOS is broken, as was discussed a while
ago on this list.  IBM hasn't fixed it yet, so everyone is advised to
avoid this version.  Version 2.1.0.5 works OK for us.

Since IBM doesn't carry the version 2.1.0.5 on index.storsys.ibm.com, I
have put up the files for FTP at:

ftp://ftp.fysik.dtu.dk/pub/ADSM/sunos.v2r1m5.IP20849*

When a fixed release comes out I will remove these files.

Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Building 307
Technical University of Denmark, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
E-mail: Ole.H.Nielsen AT fysik.dtu DOT dk
WWW URL: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/persons/ohnielse.html
Telephone: (+45) 4525 3187
Telefax:   (+45) 4593 2399