ADSM-L

Re: ADSM & 3570

1997-04-24 02:32:06
Subject: Re: ADSM & 3570
From: David Armes <davida AT MAILSERVER.AIXSSC.UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 07:32:06 +0100
Hi Ron,

For AIX setup you need the IBM SCSI DEVICE DRIVER AND MEDIUM MOVER manual
GC35-0154-02.  I think this is available on the index.storsys server.
(/devdrvr/IBM_scsi_tape_IUG.ps)

For setting this up in ADSM, you will need to look in the level 12 README file.
Also available from the server.

On top of this you'll need Atape 2.6.1.0 ( available as above :)   ).
(/devdrvr/AIX/Atape.2.6.1.0.bin)

Once you have all these things you should go and see the Wizard of Oz and
he will get you to click together the heels of your Ruby slippers and Hey
Presto you are backing up data.

Hope this helps

Dave

--
David Armes                     email : davida AT mailserver.aixssc.uk.ibm DOT
com
David Armes                     email : davida AT mailserver.aixssc.uk.ibm DOT
com
ADSM Technical Advisor          TEL   : 01705 499966
AIX-SSC  (AL11)                 FAX   : 01256 812709