ADSM-L

ADSM and Novell IPX

1997-04-23 15:25:46
Subject: ADSM and Novell IPX
From: Barry Fruchtman <bf AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 15:25:46 -0400
 IPX with the AIX server was limited by the implementation of
IPX in the various networking products.  The SPX I protocol
requires acknowledgement of every packet and every packet
is only 512 bytes.  SPX II uses a sliding window protocol
ala TCP/IP and is much faster.  I believe it is implemented
only in the latest version of AIX connections.  When available,
the ADSM AIX server will get the benefit as long as a 2.5.x
server is used.

Barry Fruchtman
ADSM Development