ADSM-L

(U) ADSM I/O error ANR8311E

1997-04-23 12:50:09
Subject: (U) ADSM I/O error ANR8311E
From: Jeremy Worrell <jeremy_worrell AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 12:50:09 EDT
We are running ADSM v2r1 on AIX 4.1.3 with IBM 3490E tape drives.

Often, we get the above error during a nightly backup, upon which ADSM
sets the affected volume to readonly (ANR1411E) and moves to the next vol
in
the storagepool (ANR1411W). Although the error is reflected as a TAPE_ERR
in the AIX errlog, we are pretty sure it is NOT a genuine hardware
problem - we have changed every hardware component and microcode level.

Our current suspicion is that another signal (possibly EndOfTape?) is
being misinterpreted and producing this error.

Does anyone have any experience of this sort of problem?

Thanks,

Jeremy Worrell, IBM UK Ltd.                            x.664884
Jeremy Worrell, IBM UK Ltd.                            x.664884
Beauchamp Sophisticate                        ext. 01926 464884