ADSM-L

Move data question

1997-04-23 16:34:59
Subject: Move data question
From: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 22:34:59 +0200
Hi ADSM-ers!
I have about 3000 datasets (we use FILE as storage type) that have the
read-only status and they are partially filled. I want to consolidate this data
so lesser mounts (the datasets are migrated to tape after ADSM is done with
them and to prevent a recall we updated the access status to read-only every
day) are necessary for restores.
I planned this action for the next weekend and I'm doing some testing with the
MOVE DATA command in the batch.
When I issue the command for all the datasets to be moved a background process
is started for every move. This will start numerous processes which consume a
very large amount of CPU.
How can I control this? I would like ADSM to move the datasets one at the time.
Thanks in advance for any reply!
kindest regards,
Eric van Loon