ADSM-L

ADSM & 3570

1997-04-23 11:21:32
Subject: ADSM & 3570
From: Ron Heflin <RON.X.HEFLIN AT X400GW.AMERITECH DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 10:21:32 -0500
IBM ADSM SUPPORT:

  I just received a 3570 tape unit that I want to hook up to my
ADSM AIX 4.1.4 server and have a few questions.

  Even though the 3570 is a scsi device is it treated like
    a 349X or 359X device?  Or is it treated like other scsi
    devices such as the 7331 which has two scsi addresses
    (one for the library and one for the drive)?  The 3570 only
    has one scsi device address.

  How is the device configured in AIX and ADSM?

  Since the 3570 is so new where can I find information about the
    device and ADSM?

     Ron Heflin