ADSM-L

Re: IBm Caching recommendations

1997-04-22 14:27:36
Subject: Re: IBm Caching recommendations
From: Dave Sanders <DSanders AT MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 14:27:36 -0400
I know that the "it depends" response is valid here,,, but it would be nice
if we could get some rule-of-thumb guidance for using cache or not.  I
realize that there would be overhead,,, but assuming that it's kinda a
simplistic update the DB for freespace,,, should there really be a
meaningful impact??  Like timing of minutes vs. hours??

I know that I don't have time to play (aka; test) this,, so any help is
appreciated!!!