ADSM-L

Exb10i w/ 12/12 Server

1997-04-22 11:37:21
Subject: Exb10i w/ 12/12 Server
From: "BELL, CRAIG" <rcbell AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 08:37:21 PDT
The load/unload is probably the device driver doing error recovery/retry
on a load failure.  It could be due to the cartridge or the drive, and I
woud guess the cartridge.  The cc=205 you get on #7 is an adapter
failure.  Maybe this is from the previous load and didn't get reported
until the load finally died.  From your description, it seems that #7
would fail with cc=207-"illegal request" because the drive is still
loaded.   I would get the unit serviced and/or try another cartridge
in #6.  And don't rule out the scsi adapter either.

Craig Bell

>  Hi Again,
>
>  I have upgraded our server to the latest version of the adsm server
>  on AIX 3.2.5 (ie 2.1. 12/12).  Everything seems okay, except for the
failure, which is an interesting twist since from your description it
seems that it the failure would be due to the drive already being
loaded.  Perhaps it's a leftover from the earlier failure that didn't
get reported until it started on
>  management of our EXB10i.
>
>  The 10i works great for Tapes# 1-5 but as soon as 6-10 are tried to
>  be accessed I get an error with the following characteristics:
>
>    OP=00006C03
>    CC=205
serviced and/or try a different cartridge in