ADSM-L

AW: Unable to Execute ADSM Scheduler Service on NT 4.0 Workstation

1997-04-22 12:48:20
Subject: AW: Unable to Execute ADSM Scheduler Service on NT 4.0 Workstation
From: "Bartl, Michael" <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 17:48:20 +0100
Debbie,
an improvement to the NT ADSM client is to provide a tool to
automatically implement the Scheduler Service on the workstation you
want to backup. In previous versions you had to install the service
manually using the srvany-tool.
As a side effect the password information is now stored in the registry
in a way that it gets unusable on some occasions. In our network it
occures every time a server's name gets changed and we get the message
you mentioned in your mail, too.

You then simply have to run the ADSM-Scheduler Installation Service
program and redo/update the installation. Be sure to stop the scheduler
service in control panel/services prior to starting the tool. The
program asks you for the actual password, does some encryption and
stores it into the registry. If the procedure fails, you have to
deinstall the service (do it manually if you didn't install it using
this tool) and reinstall the service.

There's no need to reboot the workstation, even if the program asks you
to do so. Just enter the control panel and select services. You can
start the service manually here. For test puposes you can stop the
service and immediately restart it to create some log output in the
dsmsched.log file.

Regards,
Michael Bartl